Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's COLD outside!! 32 degrees this morning! {This title has nothing to do with what I typed below.}

I just burned my tounge on coffee. :-( I hate burning my tounge.

So this week I baby-sat, finished finals and projects, and doing random things. My sleep schedule has been SOOOO off and it's frustrating. I get tired during the day and can't take short naps - I sleep through my alarms - and don't go to bed early enough. So today I'm NOT taking a nap, and even got coffee to keep me up, so that when I go to bed at a decent hour I will actually go to sleep instead of laying there for an hour. I need to get on a regular schedule instead of 4 hour long naps and random hours of sleep at night.

Today I bought a humidifier because the air in our house is so dry and my hair is getting staticky. But I felt so strange buying a humidfier. It made me feel old. Haha.

Ok, I know I'm rambling, but that's about how my head sounds these days.

No matter how good you are at something - whatever you are the best at - there is always someone 10 times better. I'm not talking about professionals or celebrities, I'm talking about people you meet or know or encounter. You think you're good at something and maybe you're even the big fish in a small pond, or a big fish in a big pond, and then someone else comes along and they're a whale! But inevitably there is someone even better than them and they've probably felt the same way. I've been feeling like a small fish lately. Or maybe a big fish with lots of whales around.

My upcoming week consists of baby-sitting, lunch and dinner with wonderful people, going to the gym for the first time in 2 years, my friend Katelyn Wood's wedding, doing things on my list of things that need to be done, and a Christmas party with the young adults at Northwest Christian Church.

I met Katelyn in 6th grade but we weren't really friends til 12th grade. We had a several classes together (chorus and english that I can remember but I think at least one more?) and she started hanging out with our group of friends outside of school too for dinners and birthday parties and stuff. She has always been smiling and encouaging. We also had a few classes together in college....at least Science that I remember. We see each other sporatically now that we are in our major classes, but she's still great. I can't believe she's getting married! And within my close group of friends from high school my friend Ashley Lynch Moncavage is now married and pregnant! And living in California. And is now a stepmom too. Another girl Kayla Freeman is engaged to Josh who she's dated since early high school and I'm so excited to see them getting married. The one thing that stuck out to me about Josh was when we all went to prom I didn't have a date but everyone else did and he pulled out the chair for me at dinner and held the door open for me and stuff and was nice to me since I didn't have a date. My beautiful high school friends are graduating college, getting married, and having kids! It's been 3 and a half years since we graduated high school yet we are all in such different places in life, and I'm guessing we have become different people too through what we've been through. But they will all hold a special place in my heart. Kayla Freeman, Ashley Lynch Moncavage, Kesley Posey, Kaley Harper, Katelyn Wood, Amanda Burd.

No comments:

Post a Comment