Monday, December 28, 2009

Cleaning, Gilmore Girls, and my devotion tonight

Cleaning phase 2: Deep cleaning. Isn't it great when you find something you forgot you even had? I bought a hoodie for Kenya specifically, that would be ok to get dirty even though I really liked it. But it wouldn't fit in my suitcase, and last min I threw it in my closet. That was July. And I just found it! And I'm so excited about it! hahaha. And then there's cords you're not sure what it goes to but feel obliged to keep it becuase some day you might need it, 5 cases of staples because I forgot I'd already bought some several times, and other random things. Not done yet, still working. And I admit, I'm a packrat when it comes to certain things.

Last night I watched 4 shows of the Gilmore Girls from season 1. It is orriginally $50, but on ebay I got it for like $15 in the summer. I've slowly watched it over this semester. Oh I love the Gilmore Girls. It's funny and I laugh out loud sometimes. I've seen all 7 seasons at some point, but I don't remember it all of course.

If you don't have a devotional book or if you're looking for a new one, I highly suggest, "Streams in the Desert" by L.B. Cowman. There's "an updated edition in today's language" which it says at the top, and it's easier to read than the previous one. I had it coming to me every day in e-mail for a few years, but I got in the habit of not reading it or just deleting it. But I have the book too. I read Dec 28-30 today because I just felt like it. Several things from Dec 30 was good. It talked about Peter being in prison and then the angel who came and let him out of the chains and opened the gates and set him free.

"Perhaps there is some 'iron gate' in your life, blocking your way. Like a caged bird, you have often beaten against the bars, but instead of helping your situation, you have become even more tired and exhausted and caused yourself more heartache. There is a secret for you to learn - the secret of believing prayer."

"Spoken prayer is not always needed, for prayer can often be too intense for words."

"'Groans that words cannot express' (Romans 8:26) are often prayers that God cannot refuse."

No comments:

Post a Comment