Friday, December 18, 2009

Cleaning + Christmas

If I had enough money, I'd pay someone to clean my house. I don't like to do it. And of all the cleaning jobs, sweeping is my least favorite. And most of my house is hardwood or tile, except the bedrooms. I hate it because: 1. All the stuff gets stuck to the bottom of the broom, coming off again later. 2. When you sweep it into the dust pan, there's always some that doesn't get in there no matter how many times you try. And it's annoying. 3. When there's dog hair or human hair, it just gets all stuck on the broom and it's gross. 4. You have to look at what you're sweeping up, including bugs!! AHH! With vaccuming you don't have to look at it at all, you just move it around the room and you're done as long as you get the whole room and don't miss spots. 5. It takes longer.

I just had to sweep my whole house. :-(

When I clean my house, I put a bunch of songs I like on my laptop, turn up the volume, and sit it on the breakfast bar counter since it's in the center of our house. It's good.

My 2nd least favorite cleaning to do is cleaning the bathtub. Because you have to get on your knees, scrub hard, and the cleaning stuff stinks. You have to keep running water on it to get it wet, soap it up, scrub it, wash it out, etc. Blah. Stupid bathtubs. And spraying it with whatever just doesn't seem to work well for me. I either forget or it doesn't seem to make a difference. Oh cleaning. You stink. Figuratively and literally.

Next week is Christmas. I'm 21, my brother 17, and we have mostly what we need / want besides random stuff that is too expensive, haha, and my parents feel the same. So we're scrambling around trying to figure out what to get each other....well my brother isn't buying anything for anybody b/c he doesn't have a job. I said I just wanted a gift card for the School Box, a huge store where you get teacher stuff. Ohhhhh I'm excited about this!!! Stickers, posters, games, bathroom passes, flash cards, books, stuff to put in my wonderful little room on August 2011. I don't have much right now and I need to get i gradually so I'm not forking out 100's of dollars the summer before I start. Elementary school classrooms have a lot more stuff than middle and high school classrooms. I'm also hoping I'll be around some nice teachers who will give me stuff they don't want anymore, haha. I've seen some classrooms that have bunk beds in them! Ha! And sofas and futons and stuff. Awesome. Not me for a while, but i want something cool in my room too.

I made 4 A's and 1 B this semester. Whoo!

This morning for breakfast I went to "Cocoa Bean Cafe" which I went to last week for the first time, and it's my new favorite little place. It's not even 5 min from my house, and it has sandwhiches, soups, breakfast foods, coffees, etc. Their egg, cheese, sausage or bacon, buscuits are AMAZING. It's a small little place, but I plan on going back more often. It makes me smile. I like little places like cafes, starbucks, etc. Except when they're overflowing with people. Haha. Cafe Intermezzo in Atlanta was awesome. Some day, when I have a boyfriend, I want to go on a date there.

As I'm cleaning my house, I stop every so often to write on here. Clean, write. Clean, write. :-) The hardest thing for me to do is stay focused while cleaning my room because I see stuff and start looking at it. For example - my Kenya pictures, books, etc.

And now, finally, my house is clean. Now, it's "surface clean" but not deep cleaned. Ie - our office room is full of stuff that has no where else to go, so we put it in and close the door. :-) My closet, top dresser drawer, etc. is full and unorganized, to be deep cleaned later. So if nobody opens doors or drawers, we're good. Hahah. Such is life.

Tonight some friends are coming over to play games, eat food, etc. It will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment