Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Journaling

I have journaled since I was 7, but more regularly starting when I was 10. And it's all hand written. I'm talking like once a week. So I have SO many journals... and it's time I type them up and save them to my external hard drive, and somewhere in a cloud in case my hard drive were to die one day. Maybe I'll throw some of them away after I type it up, to give me more space in my room. But overall, it's time I look back at what God has done in my life. The things He taught me that I may have already forgotten. I want to see what I prayed for, and how God answered that. I want to look at the uncomfortable parts of my life and say, "THANK YOU GOD those are over."

I decided to do this, and have been procrastinating. Tonight I went to look for my journals starting from 6th grade and I can't find them. Lol. That's how many I have, and they are in many different parts of my room because they don't all fit in one place. In 2007, I went through all of my middle school journals and typed up most of the good stuff (unless there were big chunks of it, like a whole trip that was good that I'd keep), and then threw away those journals, including a lot of the bad stuff. I can't believe it's already been 9 years since I did that!!

One thing that is weird though - since about August of 2015, 5 and a half months now, I've only written about 4 times. I'm not sure why. I used to have the deep need to write down lengthy conversations I had with people, feelings, events, anger, frustrations, prayers, things that made me happy... That after about two weeks I'd HAVE to write. Like life couldn't go on without it. So to only have written about 4 times since August... I don't know what's up with that. I've obviously still written on my blog, written to friends, and taken a lot of pictures that captured things that happened in life.

Over time, as I type up these journals, I'm going to post some things on this blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment