Sunday, January 22, 2012

A ventay? Vanilla? Um, vanilla...vanilla...vanilla...

Katie on drivethrough: Welcome to Starbucks what can I get started for you?
Lady: Uuuuuuummm I want a large....a large....what size is your large?
Katie: Venti.
Lady: Ok, I want a tall vanilla... vanilla... umm, vanillla...
*Me laughing, however not on the headset.*
Katie: ...A tall is our smallest size. So you want a tall?
Lady: Oh. No, ventay. Ok a ventay vanilla....um vanilla... vanilla....
*Oh my gosh. Stop.*
Lady: Ventay vanilla late?
Katie: A venti vanilla late anything else?
Lady: Drives up to the window to pay.
*I'll take that as a no.*


Friends - venti is pronounced ven-tee. Not ven-tay. Not only is it wrong to say ven-tay, it also makes you sound realllly southern. Even if you are really southern, which is fine, ven-tay is the wrong way to say it.

Also, it's called a frappachino, not a frap or a frape (pronounced frapay). I think that's a McDonnolds thing. Some people HATE when people say frap or frape...it doesn't hugely bother me as much as "ventay" but nonetheless, it's still wrong. It's kind of like saying, "Lol" in person, instead of saying, "That's funny" or actully laughing. You're shortening it and it doesn't make sense or make you sound cool.

Hello, my name is Jennifer, and I am a Starbucks snob. Sigh. I am sad this day has come. The peer pressure is unbearable!! I have become one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment