Sunday, January 15, 2012

If you are mad, go away. Don't show up at Starbucks.

Customer lady: irritated tone I'm looking for this cup in purple. Do you have it?
Me: Well, I'm not sure...all we have is on the shelf over there so if it's not there we don't have it.
Lady: That's NOT what I asked. I asked if this cup came in purple!
Me: Ok, well I personally do not know. Have you checked the website? I can ask some of my coworkers in a minute when they're not busy if you want me to.
Lady: No, I'll just look online. I want to return this cup anyways, it was a gift and I don't like it in green.
Me: I called my shift leader over to do the return
Shift leader: Our system only allows us to do returns with the original receipt.
Lady: It was a gift!! I don't have the receipt! Can she take a picture of it, will that work so she can send it to me right now?
Shift leader: No, we have to have a copy of it for our records.
Lady: Fine. Forget it.

I mean dang people! If you are in a bad mood, do not go into stores or out in public. Sit in your car or in your room and cool out. It is not my fault that I don't know every product that Starbucks has. Nor is it my shift leader's fault that the computer system/corporate rules will not allow us to return random items without a receipt.

Today I got my new camera. It's fancy dancy. But since it's big, it won't fit in my purse like my current smaller camera, so I will have to be intentional about taking it places, and it will not fit in my pocket. I am excited to take pictures tomorrow, not sure where I'm going yet.

I hate to do laundry. It's silly really, because it's not like I hand wash things or hang them up to dry like they do in Kenya, and it's not like I have to do it every day or every other day like people with kids. But I just hate doing it. And then I hate putting them away. I don't have enough room in my closet and drawers. Which is a sad problem to have..... too many clothes, not enough space. I am going to give a bunch of them to Wellspring soon. I feel so selfish with full drawers, full closet, and a full laundry basket of clean clothes. I know people have walk-in closets with more clothes than me, but I guess going to Kenya or reading the bible and knowing how un-imporant such things are really strikes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment