Sunday, November 3, 2013

My thoughts for today

Fall leaves are beautiful. Every year.

I just bought mozzarella cheese sticks wrapped in pepperoni and it isn't as good as I thought it would be. Bummer.

I usually don't recognize when my camera batteries are about to die because I'm too busy taking pictures to see the little symbol on the screen. And then it just dies.

Although it gets frustrating when you only have 5 lives on Candy Crush and then it makes you wait 20ish minutes before you get another one, I'm actually really glad because otherwise I'd just be sitting there wasting more time.

Heard a great sermon this morning about prayer through the story of Elijah. From praying that the rain would stop for three years, asking God to provide a constant supply of food for him and the window and son he stayed with, asking God to put life back into a dead boy, asking God to bring fire down on an altar that seemed impossible to burn to prove to others that He is God, praying the rain back, to then having God show Elijah that He isn't always in all the power but also in the quiet... what a cool story and so much to learn from it.

I really enjoy tagging people in pictures on facebook, adding them to groups, and other facebook related things... and I'm not really sure why I'm wired that way. Haha.

When people fall, I laugh. I can't help it. This kid fell today because he was standing on a rolling platform thing and trying to shoot a basketball in the gym where our church meets. He wasn't hurt. It's not like I think it's funny when someone gets hurt, I just think it's funny when someone falls or drops something.

Last night at the end of work, I was tired but oddly thinking things were way funnier than they were supposed to be and I had one of those moments where I laughed so hard that I spit my drink out on the floor (and on my work apron), almost peed in my pants, had to crouch down on the floor because I couldn't stop laughing, and then because I swallowed my drink wrong I was coughing and crying and could NOT compose myself. Thankfully it was just my shift leader with me but he was like, "What is going on?? What's so funny??" And nothing was that funny, I was just laughing and couldn't stop! Usually when I get like that I drink more caffeine and I'm good to go, but I waited too long I suppose!

At the end of church today, as the pastor was praying... I had a thought, like clarity, like God was revealing something to me. "Sometimes you struggle because others who don't know me are watching you. And when you come out victoriously because of Me, then I will get the glory. Then they will know Me." I don't like people to know when I struggle, what battles I fight, or what things hurt me. But maybe sometimes people who don't know Him need to see it because they go through the same things but fall in the end, whereas with me I can show them how God is the one who delivers me. Or, in times I do fail, they can see how I still know that God loves me and forgives me and gives me grace beyond measure. I hate these battles and fights in life where I feel like I should be better than these stupid battles, that I should be above that because God is in my life, but I'm still human. I pray that through my failures and struggles that others will somehow see Him and that He will get the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment