Monday, November 18, 2013

It's 3:30 AM and I am writing because my brain just won't shut down

Why am I writing again? It's 3:09 AM. I'm hungry, but I shouldn't eat because it's not good to eat right before you go to bed. I'm listening to spotify, the same handful of songs on repeat - man, spotify is amazing. I just found out the chick-fil-a peppermint chocolate chip milkshakes come out tomorrow and I'm PUMPED because those are amazing. I am most definitely getting one tomorrow night after work on my way home. I saw a preview for the movie, "Divergent" on facebook that someone else clicked like on, which comes out in March, and it looked good! I've heard good things about the books so I've decided to try the first one out. Yes, it looks similar to a Hunger Games type of book / movie, but oh well. I liked Hunger Games, so maybe this one will be good too. Stumbleupon - it's like google on crack. Don't do it. It's kind of like pinterest, but a collection of every single thing on the internet and you just go and go and go. Remember when the internet was so basic that if you just wanted to go to golf.com or barbie.com there were no other options than that? And it would take 10 minutes to load, and the games on the kids websites were so slow and basic, but fascinating. I'm going to see Catching Fire this week or next. Not sure when, and not quite sure who with yet. But I'm going. I've had a cough for a week now and I'm ready for it to be gone. Work has been insanely busy lately, and while some people thrive on that and love that it makes time go by faster, I do not enjoy it. It doesn't make time go by faster for me. I'd rather work the register though than make drinks. I've worked at Starbucks for 2 years now, and this will be my 3rd Christmas there. It's weird. My longest job ever. I've seen a lot of people come and go. I need to eat healthier, but as I walked around Wal-Mart today, looking at all the food, nothing healthy looked good. Ugh. It sounds so daunting to find healthy food that tastes good and that I can take to work that can't be heated up because we have no microwave. I want to lose weight, but I don't have enough money to the gym (and I hate going to the gym, so that wouldn't work anyways), but eating better would help I think even if I didn't work out. I hope it snows this year. Snow is beautiful. Ice is terrible. Being trapped in your house for a day or 2 is cool, but not after that. And I doubt Starbucks would close down because of ice, and then I'd feel bad for being stuck in my house while people closer had to work. I want to go somewhere cool and take cool pictures. Somewhere new or different or unique. I need to think of where that could be. (With my real camera, not my cell phone.) I've "seen" a lot of friends recently and hung out with them in groups or had bible study, but haven't had real conversations with most of them or caught up on what's really going on. It's weird to see people so often but then actually feel like you haven't seen them because you didn't talk to them. A lot of times my face screams my emotions, and I wish it didn't. Even if it's not a big emotion, people can tell it pretty quickly about me. Booo. And then I know people who you can never tell what emotion is going on with them, and you're like, "Hello? Are you a zombie?"

I hate when you say, "I saw on your facebook..." and then someone is like, "Oh, that's creepy" - no the heck it is not! You post it on your facebook for your friends or the public to see, then you cannot say it's creepy when someone looks at it - that's the point of it being there in the first place!!! Even if it's old pictures or old stuff - like hello, I love pictures, I like seeing what people looked like when they're younger or where they've traveled or what their family looks like, so of course I am going to look back through old pictures when you have 300 or so pictures up! It's like inviting someone to your living room with your your photo albums on the table - well, I'm going to pick them up and look at them. Same thing. You should assume that anything you post on facebook, anybody in your future could see it.

It's 3:29. No, it didn't take me 20 minutes to type that all, I thought some inbetween. I remember in elementary and middle school when we'd have 10 minutes of writing or something, on a topic on the board or whatever so we would be better writers with practice, and people would moan and complain, sitting with one sentence on their paper and their face in their hands, and I would be writing the whole time, trying to keep writing even after the teacher would say put your journals away. You give me a topic and I go with it. I mean, generally. Except on the teacher certification test (GACE), whoo, that was hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment