Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I have a new job! Money, Starbucks, friends, plans

News flash! I have a new job! It is at Starbucks! Gasp! I was only a receptionist at the aerobics place for one day....but I'd only get 6 and a half hours a week there, whereas at Starbucks I will be around 20ish and then work up. Three of my closest friends worked at Starbucks - one was there for 4 years - and they loved it, but said it was hard as well. I'm nervous - I want to do well, not be stressed, and learn everything quickly. I know I'll meet lots of new people. When they asked in my first interview if I could multitask well, she said, "Oh wait, you work with little kids so I'm sure you can!" Ah yes, agreed. Teaching IS multitasking. So I hope that aspect of multitasking works into this job as well.

The Starbucks I'll be working at is the very first one I went to when I was in 9th grade. It's the one where we had bible studies in the summer sometimes, and it's where I went almost every Wed and Sun nights after youth group with whoever would go my senior year. Since then I haven't gone as much because there are now two closer Starbucks (two! I know!) but I meet friends there who are about 30 min away from me down by KSU because that's the halfway point for us.

I start training next Monday. I'm glad I won't be working on Black FRIDAY! Not because I want to go shopping, but because I wouldn't want to be at any job on black Friday! I was at Lifeway Christian bookstore for two Black Fridays, and I hardly remember them at all because it was stressful and busy! I haven't been out for any other black Fridays.

I am still on the mends from my wisdom teeth being out. Last night I had scrambled eggs and cheese, and tonight I had home made mac and cheese with hotdogs, so I am slowly eating more foods. I wonder when I'll be able to eat normal? And I still have to do the saltwater rinse after I eat everything. It makes me nervous because tomorrow I'm going to Starbucks with a friend and I will have cold coffee, but I won't have the saltwater rinse after, so will the sugar be bad for it? I probably won't get anything, just to be on the safe side. Or I'll get some right as I'm leaving so that I can rinse my mouth out when I get home. Which STINKS because then after I eat or drink anything good I have to then leave a saltwater taste in my mouth, blech.

Soooo I'm thinking about going to Haiti? But I don't know when. With my loans being defered til May now (except one that I decided to start paying on now), and Kenya in July, I'm not sure when I would go. It means I need to work as much as possible and SAVE as much as possible to think about it. The funny thing is, besides food, Starbucks is what I spend too much money on. So now I'll get a free drink when I work which will save me money! haha! Too funny. Because other than that I only spend money on food and some random items like shampoo and such. And gas. Ok so the reason I've thought about Haiti is because this guy I know is going for 3 months at a time and then coming home for a little bit and going back again....indefinitely is his plans. He was at church last night and his parents even said how they can go to Haiti 4 times before they're able to go to Africa. So it'd be cheaper, and I've always wanted to go to another country besides Kenya for a mission trip, and it'd be cool to go there and help him. So, this is my sort-of goal for the next year. On top of that I'd love to go visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins in Washington State again - I've only been once and it was 2 and a half years ago. I hate how I hardly ever get to see them.

I want to start saving for moving back out again at some point, and paying for things that my parents currently pay for. As I have big plans for the money I will make, I will also be making under minimum wage because Starbucks has tips that they split up depending on how much you work... so I know that it will be a SLOW and long process of saving up any kind of money.

Maybe I can convince my friends to talk on the phone more / use skype instead of meeting me for dinner / Starbucks... :-) It would save gas money and whatever I would spend out.

No comments:

Post a Comment