Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yesterday and today

Yesterday I went on a pontoon on the lake with some people from the young adults' group at church. For some reason when I think of the word lake I think of a round one about the side of 2 football fields with trees surrounding it. But Lake Alatoona is not that. It is huge, hours long, windy, etc. Well, huge to me. We got on the lake at 10 with clouds covering the sky and it was cold. Especially when the boat moved with the wind on us. We had jackets / sweatshirts and put the hoods up. It slowly cleared up though and then there were blue skies with whispy white clouds and the sun was great. I got sunburned on my face and tops of my ears. Two of the people with us went tubing off the back of the boat. We got off the lake at 3. At night we ate at Wendy's and then a frozen custurd place called Lori Bells. Well, it was gross. The other's liked it but I did not. After, my stomach just didn't feel so great, the same as when I have frozen yogurt. Ice cream is way better.

Today I went to church and then to lunch with Jackie, who was the teacher I had during the 1st part of student teaching. It was good - only an hour because she had to get home to her kids and husband because they switch times of going out somewhere on Sun afternoons (usually the gym). But it was a good lunch and good catching up. She's awesome, and one of those people I saw more often in life and hope to keep up with for a long time. I had an inteview with Books-A-Million at 3:30 and long story short I would be so stressed out working there, so there's another thumbs down. :-( I then went to Northwest Christian Church to setup for Ambient - our Sun night young adults' service, but couldn't stay for it because I had a Kenya meeting at Mars Hill at the same time. We ate dinner at church and had our meeting. So, it was a long but good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment