Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The good things lately

I'll be writing backwards in time starting from today...

Today I baby-sat for a 1 and 4 year old. When I read the 4 year old a book with princesses in it I pointed to the 7 dwarfs and said, "Who are they?" "Aliens," she said. "No, the 7 dwarfs!" I said. She kept calling them the 7 dorks the rest of the story. Hehehe. The 1 year old just started walking this week and as a result he falls a lot, and doesn't have the balance to pick things up without bumping himself in the face, which causes lots of tears. When it was time to go to the bus stop to get the 5 and 7 year old, the 1 yr old was super heavy and I just realized at that point that he had a stinky diaper and then there were ants on the 4 yr olds' feet so she starts screaming bloody murder and I'm trying to hold him and crouch down to wipe off her feet at the same time, while telling the other two to wait and not cross the street. Inside the house I wiped down her feet to make sure the ants were all gone and the older two were trying to get snacks. Wahhh! I don't want 4 kids! And maybe you grow acustomed to it because you add one kid at a time to the mix, but still!

I met at my church swings to pray with someone about Kenya stuff and other things and we talked a while and then prayed and talked again. It was good to catch up and vent and think.

I went to Zumba for the first time last night with a friend. It was at my church, free, and 50 people were there. It's basically aerobic dance steps to pop music. It was good! I also had lunch with a friend and it was great. Towards the end I realized I wanted to talk to her about something, but didn't know if I was being too repetitive in bringing up the same thing each time we talked, but then she asked me about it and I'm glad she did.

Our Sunday night young adults' worship started on Sunday night - we broke for the summer and only had one a month. I'm glad it's started up again. Todd preaches awesome sermons, where even if it's a familiar subject it just hits home and I'm like, "Yes! preach it!" Haha. After I went to Firehouse subs with friends with lots of laughing, and a new touch screen drink machine with 120 flavors! Since the place was pretty empty we stood there and tasted a bunch. :-)

Saturday I had lunch with one of my old youth leaders that I had from 6th grade to 9th grade. She moved after that, an hour and a half away. We went to the mall and bookstore after and it was good catching up.

Friday I had Friday night worship (it's once a month) with another church (that I go to bible study with) and it was good. At one point I thought about how I need to love God no matter what my circumstances are, and love HIM not just what He gives me. I went up to get communion and accidently got two peices of bread, then got my thumb in the grape juice when I dipped it in, then didn't let it drip off so I just put it in my mouth, getting grape juice on my chin, both hands, my shirt, and my pants. And I can imagine God saying, "And I love you when you're messy - literally and in all other areas of your life!" :-)

Last Thursday I baby-sat and then had bible study at night. It was good. Last Monday I went to a movie and lunch with a friend I've known since 6th grade and am thankful she's in this part of town again since she moved away to college!

Well...more events happening in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment