Saturday, December 11, 2010

Whoo!

Tuesday I went to Target and Books-A-Million with my friend Kaylene and we laughed a lot. I got some christmas presents for people as well.

Wednesday and Thur nights - bible study. Wed -baby-sat and took the girl to gymnastics. Gymnastics is fascinating to me.

Yesterday, Friday - what a great day! In the morning I helped decorate at my home church for a big youth and Christmas in July families Christmas dinner / party. (Catch all that??) It took 2 mornings to do it all. I hurt my wrist because I had to lug around some heavy chairs and the only guy there WOULDN'T HELP lift the chairs! *ANGRY FACE!* :-P My wrist is still sore. But anyways, then I went to lunch with my friend Louise and that was good. After I went down to a new store opening up called "Wellspring Treasures" where everyone working there are volunteers, and all the stuff is donated. The money goes to getting young girls out of sex trade in Atlanta - Atlanta is the biggest city in the country for that!! :-( So I went down and helped them sort and hang clothes, but could only stay for an hour. At night I went to the youth/christmas in july families dinner and took pictures there as well. I left early, an hour and a half into it though, to go to a Christmas party! It was at some people's apartment that I met through a bible study at another church and I was so excited they invited me to come. We wore tacky christmas sweaters and I had a good time meeting new people as well as talking to ones I already knew. So, I ended the day with 5 events under my belt!! And oh - a nap in there too!

Today I had coffee with a woman named Meredith from my church and that was good. Then I went back to Wellspring Treasures to sort some more. The people I've met there so far are very nice. I plan on going back next week too.

My friend Lee Ann Barton just had her baby girl this morning!  9 lbs 12 oz! She was past her due date by like a week. Can't wait to see her, but I probably won't get to hold her for a while because there's a bunch of people at our bible study who will want to hold her!

No comments:

Post a Comment