Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

For me, middle and high school youth group was a huge part of my life. The things we did, the people in it. We went to places to serve such as nursing homes, a children's home, a home for handicaped people (for a week), and mission trips. We went fun places such as theme parks, conferences, the beach, a cabin in the mountains, ski trip, and more. And we had parties for each holiday which was often at someone's house, watched movies, ate food, went to the movie theater, etc. For 7 years, through drama and breakups and arguments along with best friends, pranks, and laughing hard, that was a big part of my life. Last night at the Christmas Eve service I saw some of them agan. We usualy only see each other at Christmas and sometimes Easter as we have each gone our own way. Last night we got a picture of some of us together. Two of them have been married for 2 years and are now pregnant, the rest of us have either graduated college or are about to, and some have already started their careers. I was happy to see them, but sad at the same time.

It is snowing here in Georgia for the first time on Christmas day in about 100 years! We're only said to get 1-3 inches, but it's still cool. I love the snow. I just don't like driving on it! :-)

Two more weeks of my break until I start student teaching! I'm excited, but mostly scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment