Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas time is here!

In the past week I've gotten to have dinner or breakfast with my friends Kaylene H, Kelly N, Sarah W, Courtney C, and Kaley H! I am so thankful for those wonderful people! I've played some Nancy Drew computer games (because they are so much fun!), read some books, and more. I still have not studied much for my teacher certification test which is on Jan 8, but I will get there!! I've been helping out at Wellspring Treasures a lot and brougth some people along with me when I can.

My grandparents are coming from NC Friday through Tuesday. My grandma's birthday is on Christmas, and my mom's is Dec 29. She will be 50! Whoo! However, she looks much younger than that. She seriously looks exactly the same as she did in college. I know that I also look young for my age, so maybe I'll be like that when I'm 50. Other than Christmas Eve services and 1 service on Christmas day, we aren't doing much for Christmas.

As student teaching approaches ever so slowly but surely, I'm getting more and more nervous. I sometimes feel like I'm still 10 years old, hoping to be a teacher some day, but not actually there. But I AM there. I'm guessing all upcoming teachers feel like this, but it's a very scary feeling. I don't feel prepared. Besides that, I need a backup plan if I don't get a job in August. I don't want to do retail, substitute teach, or teach at a preschool/daycare. And that pretty much rules out most jobs!! But, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment