Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Again, not sure what to put for the title since it's all random stuff

Today I received the letter telling me where I am student teaching starting January 10, and I will be in 4th grade! I'm so excited!!! The school is like 2 minutes from my house which is so nice - this semester I only went once a week for the first 10 weeks and then every day for the last 4 weeks, but it was 40 min in the morning and 30 min home. Not fun when you have to be there around 7:15 AM. Part of me is very nervous because I will be doing a LOT more teaching, but I'm also excited. Although I'm almost done with college, it doesn't seem real that I will be an elementary teacher next Aug (assuming I get a job!). It still seems so far away and not possible or something.

My break is going by kind of slow....and that is great! :-)

Today God showed me something interesting. I will be vague because I don't want to broadcast the details to everyone I know who could possibly read this. Anyways, essentially there has been something I've been wanting for a while and thought was the best thing for me. I thought, "Well how could there be anything better than this? Why is God saying no (or wait?) when this is just the best?" But today God showed me something that was better than that. Like 10 times better, and I had no idea there could be better. So, even if this way better thing is still not what God is going to give me, then I at least know that the opportunities are out there, and that God knows what he's doing even when I don't understand.

I went to blockbuster Sunday and got a wii game. I will never buy a wii game without playing it before (renting, borrowing, etc) because there are some rediculously stupid and boring wii games. I haven't even found any I REALLY like, like I did with the playstation systems, but perhaps that's because I was younger. Well I got "Epic Mickey" because it was #1 on the blockbuster most rented, and it looked fun. After taking forever to update my wii (who knew that wii's needed updates?!), I could finally play. And it's a great concept, but just not as fun as a I thought it would be. Mickey is trapped in this magical world with a magic paintbrush that creates and destroys things, and has to do different tasks in different places / worlds / lands. He has to fight off bad guys, save good guys, etc. But a majority of the game he's having to jump on different things and it's all about timing - the clouds moving, the logs in the river moving, etc - and I keep falling and dying! Over and over and over....there's no end of his lives like game over, you just keep falling. And when you finally accomplish the tasks for the area you're in, you go on to the next one where you keep jumping! So, I'm not a fan of the game.

My wrist still hurts from Friday. :-(

My side note for the day.... sometimes when you do something risky or out of the norm, you might feel like an idiot. It could end up being a good thing, or it could end up being a bad thing and you never know up front. Because if it turns out good you can look back and say, "Whew, feeling really stupid for a few days really paid off now." Sometimes staying on the safe side of things makes you regret it later. If it doesn't turn out good, then oh well, you can at least say you tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment