Friday, April 23, 2010

La la la!

Today in my special education class we were going over reading stuff for slow readers, but I've already taken 3 whole classes (3 semesters) of reading stuff, and I knew everything she was talking about. So I kind of went off to daydreaming. Ok, not kind of, I did.

I was thinking about what I want to do when I go to Kenya for the summer in 2 years. I imagined what might happen, thought about what it'd be like if I went by myself for the whole summer or if certain people went with me for the whole summer, I thought about conversations I'd have with people there, and more. Then a girl at my table pulled out her new iPad which I think is awesome, and I was distracted by that. I thought about the pros and cons of getting one for myself, but then how often would I really use it? It's too big to put in a purse. And when I should buy it if I did or not, etc.

I finished watching the last season of Friends tonight! Season 10. The end of shows (series finales) always make me sad because not only is there no more new shows to watch, but I know it's also goodbye to the real life actors who play the people. Tear! I think it ended in 2005?

I also watch Flashforward and it comes on Thur nights, so I watched it tonight. And Glee started back a few weeks ago, I watch that too.

Tomorrow I have a meeting for information about our part time student teaching we'll be doing this fall! I'm excited about it! Saturday is our big Kenya Connection festival with BBQ, music, booths, yard sale, inflatables, etc. and I get to take pictures again! Yay! It's a fun day. All the money goes to the orphanage we helped build and support in Kenya.

Only one week of classes left and then some finals the week after! Whoo! I'm looking forward to learning Swahili on Rosetta Stone. The computer program cost $200 but it's really in depth and LONG and is supposed to teach you fluently basically. So I'm starting now in hopes that in 2 years I will know a lot. But it's weird to think that in 2 years I will be done with college, hopefully done with my first year of being an elementary teacher, and who knows where I'll be!

No comments:

Post a Comment