Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cake

I'm not a huge fan of normal cake. I can usually pass up birthday cakes and wedding cakes. But I once had a cake that was like, "OH MY GOSH." It was the best cake I've ever had.

But before that cake was that good, it consisted of raw materials that were liquid in a bowl. Unfinished, no icing, no shape, gross taste. If I had been offered that mush I would have said, "Eew. No." It wasn't done. It wasn't ready.

For some reason, there are things in my life that are still in the oven. Not done, not ready. Maybe I have more growing and changing to do. Or perhaps it's in the lives of other people that I will later encounter or even know now. Something is not ready in order for me to be in a better paying job and move out of my house. Something is not ready in order for me to be in a job that I love. Something is not ready in order for me to have a boyfriend and then a husband and then kids. I guess those are my two major things I want in life.

You can't speed up the heating process to make a cake be finished faster - it will burn. You set the timer and walk away. Yet in this case, the timer is hidden. Perhaps I've been sticking my face in the oven to get the cake and have been burned from it. I stuck a spoon in and came out with batter not finished. I keep turning the light on to see if it's done yet but it's not. But God won't give me the cake until it is finished and I will say, "OH MY GOSH. Thank you Lord for this."

I'm not the one making the cake -God is. I'm not the one deciding when it's done - God is. I am praising Him because He knows the perfect recipie and time to take the cake out and I do not. Therefore I try not to sit around being sad about it. I try not to go overboard on feeling like it's all up to me and I have to make it happen or it never will. Of course I should look for jobs, but when I'm not finding them it's not as if I did something hugely wrong. God's just not ready for me to go yet. Gotta let it go and let God hold on to it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment