Thursday, May 17, 2012

Beach

The beach trip was great!! There were 9 of us who went. Our friends Megan and Grady got engaged on the trip. We laughed a lot. The house we stayed in was gorgeous. I liked the bright colored walls and decorations. There was a spiral staircase to the roof where you could see the ocean! It was cloudy some days and sunny other days. I didn't go far out into the ocean because the waves were strong and I didn't want my face covered with saltwater, but I stood and let the waves come in and out and liked that. I got to read some as I covered myself with sunscreen every hour. We went to the pool some which was nice to get all the way in, and lounged on a boogy board which was nice to float on. For girls night out and guys night in, the girls went to a seafood restaurant and after we saw a playground of a pirate ship so we took pictures on it with our dresses and nice clothes on, haha. Never too old for the playground in my opinion. (As long as there aren't any other little kids on there.) We went to some cool shops and some weird shops. We watched some movies, played cards, and at lots of food. Sometimes we just sat around and talked and laughed. I took a ton of pictures. We went to an area of the beach that had lots of huge rocks and watched the sun set twice. Once it started to rain and I had to run as hard as I could and as fast as I could back to the car so my camera wouldn't get wet - I haven't run in 2 years so I hurt all over and got a headache from it.

My birthday was during the trip and it was the best way to spend a birthday! We went to some shops in the morning where I got some gelato. We went to the beach and the pool, and played cards at night. We went to big rocks and saw the sunset and took silly pictures.They all gave me a birthday card and we had brownies and ice cream.

Since my friend Tiffany and I were in the same room for the trip, we talked a lot and it was nice to have some honest conversations and share what's going on in life. Sometimes we all get so busy or don't take the time to get deep with someone, and so the deeper stuff gets passed on by. Not on purpose, it just happens.

I had some time to pray during the trip while staring out at the waves crashing around. I was thankful for the uninterrupted time.

I deleted a few verses out of this section since it's kinda long, but when looking up verses on biblegateway about the ocean, this is a section that came up talking about wisdom. I like it.

Job 28
12 “But do people know where to find wisdom?
Where can they find understanding?
13 No one knows where to find it,
for it is not found among the living.
14 ‘It is not here,’ says the ocean.
‘Nor is it here,’ says the sea.
15 It cannot be bought with gold.
It cannot be purchased with silver.
17 Wisdom is more valuable than gold and crystal.
It cannot be purchased with jewels mounted in fine gold.
20 “But do people know where to find wisdom?
Where can they find understanding?
21 It is hidden from the eyes of all humanity.
Even the sharp-eyed birds in the sky cannot discover it.
22 Destruction and Death say,
‘We’ve heard only rumors of where wisdom can be found.’
 23 “God alone understands the way to wisdom;
he knows where it can be found,
24 for he looks throughout the whole earth
and sees everything under the heavens.
25 He decided how hard the winds should blow
and how much rain should fall.
26 He made the laws for the rain
and laid out a path for the lightning.
27 Then he saw wisdom and evaluated it.
He set it in place and examined it thoroughly.
28 And this is what he says to all humanity:
‘The fear of the Lord is true wisdom;
to forsake evil is real understanding.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment