Friday, October 3, 2014

I am ready to pray

"Have you prayed about it as much as you've talked about it?"

In other words, have you talked to God about it as much as you've talked to humans about it? When the answer is no, I kick myself. My problems don't just magically go away when I talk to people about it - it's therapeutic, yes, and people can have good advice or help me or pray for me, but they can't solve the problem or work things out. Only God can.

This week I thought about the verse, "The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." (James 5:16) And then after I told my friend Emily about it at lunch today, the guy talking at bible study brought up the verse tonight too!

Have you ever said, "I'm not going to stop praying for this until God answers me, even if it isn't the answer I am hoping for"? I have before, and I am still praying for those things. But I have been thinking this week about something I have prayed for on and off for the past several years, and haven't prayed for in quite a while, but it still a headache and an unresolved issue in my life. I've talked about it and I've journaled about it. But it's been far too long since I prayed about it.

So I am ready to pray. May God move mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment