Friday, March 7, 2014

Aaaaaaand freeze.

While there isn't a pause button in life, there is the option to write things down (or take a picture) that freezes those memories and feelings. So here we go.

Little Red 1 and 2 run by with pj's on, running laps around the house. Little Red 3 is 13 months old and fascinated by the 2nd baby in the house who is 3 months old (they aren't related) and gives him hugs which we all laugh and say how cute she is for hugging him. I mean, who doesn't think babies hugging babies is cute? 2nd baby gets changed into his tuxedo onesie pajamas.

People slowly trickle in and give hugs and high fives and bring in some food. Strange food. Such as pickled okra. Cookie dough oreos. And other cookies, homemade and store bought. We decide to rate the food on a scale from 1-10. I end up eating some gum so that I stop eating cookies. We drink coffee, water, sodas, and koolaid. Because we're kool like that.

I sit on the sofa and we start our bible study. I read the bible on my iPhone and highlight verses I like as they are read. Parts of Ephesians 1 and 2 are taught. After the main message, we are counted off into small groups. I'm in the group downstairs in the basement / man cave. 8 of us make for a good conversation. Faith. Spiritual warfare. Accountability. Prayer. Heaven. Knowing God vs. just believing He exists. Doubts. Questions. Honesty. Verses and stories we've read in the bible. Distractions in life.

Back upstairs. More hugs, more talking, more laughing.

A friend came that I haven't seen in months, and it was so great to talk to her, hear about her life, and tell her about mine. I stay late and sit on the sofa with others and talk, and then some of the guys go downstairs to watch a TV show while the girls stay upstairs and talk.

These weeks sometimes run together, sometimes blur into a sunset of colors that are beautiful but lost as time goes on. I write about them in my journal sometimes. But other times I forget to fully appreciate the people and the love that is shared at the awesome house with the awesome family who lives there.

It's hard sometimes, when my closest friends at bible study move away, have to work on Thursday nights, or just stop coming. It doesn't make sense to me for those who just stop coming, because why would you want to leave such a beautiful thing?

Truthfully it is hard sometimes to stop what I'm doing and recognize the new people or those who aren't talking to someone. We try to point it out to each other sometimes though. And it's easier to connect to someone who is new if they're in your small group. Also, there are a lot of people so I don't talk to all the same people every single week, and as someone leaves I think, "Aw man, I didn't get to speak to them tonight!" But it's ok, I'll talk to them the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment