Monday, January 27, 2014

Jesus Christ is my clarity

You know that song...


"If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?" - Clarity, Zedd


Well this morning in church we sang this:


"Sweet Jesus Christ, my sanity. Sweet Jesus Christ, my clarity." - Mystery, Charlie Hall


To say my face broke out into a grin would be only the outward sign of what I felt. Not only was it the same words, but it was the same order. Of course! When things are insane, no matter what it is, GOD is the sanity, the clarity, that no other person or thing can bring. What a silly world we live in that turns away from God and expects to find clarity amongst the chaos and noise, as if trying harder is going to work, and searching where things are already crazy will it be any less crazy. I totally understand that feeling, but it's a false sense of clarity. God is the only one who can bring that clarity and peace and joy and fix things that are messed up or broken.


Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment