Sunday, September 19, 2010

Trucking through the work

I don't like group work, and yet every project we do in my social studies class is group work! There are three of us total, 10 assignments, and all of them we have to do together. It's hard because when they are papers or lesson plans, some of us get stuck with bigger parts than others or it's hard to make it all flow together, or we have different opinions and ways of doing things and have to come to an agreeance on something.

I've been going to starbucks to do homework lately. My "desk" in my room is very small and my printer is on it, taking up a large portion of it, along with other papers and books. If I sit on my bed my back starts to hurt or my legs get tired of sitting cross legged, or I get sleepy and fall asleep. So sitting up at a table is best and I can't go get food every 10 minutes if I'm at starbucks as opposed to sitting in my kitchen!

I've accopmlished 5 out of 17 of my homework assignments since Friday, which is good and bad. Most of what is due this week is done, but there are things that are bigger assignements due a little bit down the road that I need to jump on now even though they're not due quite yet. But man, each assignment is so long that after doing one or two I'm just done for the day it seems like. It's like moving a handfull of sand at a time out of a giant sandbox. After a few hours of work it still looks like I haven't done a whole lot.

On a more positive note, I am thankful for my friends. And I have enjoyed going to bible study on Thursday nights. It's been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment