Saturday, August 28, 2010

Songs that remind me of things

Songs that remind me of things.....

"Kiss From A Rose" by Seal - PE in elementary school. They always played that song when we were warming up / stretching.
"Macarena" - elementary school
"Together Again" by Janet Jackson - Sara Volkodav and the 5th grade talent show
"Butterfly Kisses" by Tim McGraw - 5th grade, the last week of school. One of the dads of two girls in our grade came and sang it to them at school.
"Born to Fly" by Sara Evans - my 8th grade chorus teacher sang that at the talent show
"There You'll Be" by Faith Hill - 8th grade chorus. The 8th graders sang it at the end of 8th grade as a goodbye.
"Sanctuary" by ??? mandy people! - two things: 1)Kenya 2007 because my friend Kesley and I sang it a lot. 2) 8th grade mission trip
"Give Us Clean Hands" by Chris Tomlin- FCA 9th grade year (2003/2004)
"Friends" by Michael W.Smith - I sang it for some youth leaders that moved in 2003, end of my 9th grade year so I think of them and that time
"Shackles" by Mary Mary - 9th grade youth praise band "Crazy Christians"
"What Do You Believe" by Grits - Fun In The Son 2004, my high school youth group summer trip
"Undignified" by David Crowder and "Sing Like the Saved" by David Crowder, "Here Is Our King" by David Crowder - Fun In the Son 2005
"Come and Listen" by David Crowder, "If We Are The Body" by Casting Crowns, "Beloved" by Tenth Avenue North, "My Glorious" by Delirious, "O Praise Him" by David Crowder - senior year of youth group (2005-2006)
All Casting Crowns, David Crowder, and Grits songs- high school youth group
"I Will Praise You In The Storm" by Casting Crowns - Xtreme 2005, a winter youth trip to Gattlinburg TN
"Micah 6:8" by Charlie Hall, "Hosanna" by Paul Baloche, "I Will Boast" by Paul Baloche, "The Wonderful Cross" by Phillips, Craig and Dean - praise team at Mars Hill Church 2006-2007
"I'm Not Gonna Cry" by Corey Smith - high school graduation
All Phantom of the Opera songs - high school chorus
All songs by John McLaughlin, "Wind it Up" by Gwen Stefani - my friend Mary Balint
"Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas, Moulon Rouge songs - Guitar hero and Sarah Johnson, one of my friends who likes that song
"Who Am I?" by Casting Crowns - my friend Kesley Posey
All Mandisa songs - my cousins, aunt, and uncle out in Washington
"Happy Song" by Chris Tomlin - Megan Strange and Mer Dunk and playing it at church
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy" by Soulja Boy - Kenya 2007
"Lead Me To the Cross" by Hillsong, "Desert Song" by Hillsong, "Life Light Up" by Christy Knockles, "Mighty to Save" by Hillsong - Echo (young adults worship service at Northmetro Church) and Caroline Ware Fidell
"Lip Gloss" by Lil Mamma, "One Day Closer To You" by Carolyn Dawn Johnson - my roomate Leslie Johnson Vogel
"1234" by Plain White T's, "Every Time I Breathe" by Big Daddy Weave, "Here I Am" by Downhere - Kenya 2009
"My Paper Heart" by Francesca Batestelli, Haw Nelson songs - TCTC 2010, I was the chaperone for a youth group trip to TN
"Revelation Song" - my friend Jason Allen
"Hoedown Throwdown" by Miley Cyrus - my friend Cameron Whitfield

No comments:

Post a Comment