Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Day four. Places to go, people to see, things to do... jobs to apply to.


Day 4 of my freedom from Starbucks.

In the past 4 days I have had Panera with a friend, gotten Krispy Kreme donuts, held a sleeping baby in the nursery, had pizza with a friend, went to friends' house to catch up and play games, walked some trails with a friend, took pictures of a mom and her 8 month old in a field of sunflowers, read books, and spent time with God.

Last week I applied to 8 places, emailed 6 places to see if they were hiring, and up 4 email alerts if their company posted a new job that matched what I was looking for. Just yesterday and today I applied to 3 places, emailed 1 place, and have 6 companies set to email me or to check back on. I'm not job searching on Sundays.

In a few days, several of my close friends come back from Slovakia, and I haven't seen them in three weeks. And then two others I haven't seen in 6-9 weeks. It's stupid how much I miss them. I'm serious. It's stupid.

There have been moments where I didn't feel like doing anything. Like I literally just sat there and did nothing for a solid 15 minutes. And then I had to make myself get up and do something.

One of the jobs I applied to said, "860 other people have applied to this job" and I do not want to know that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment