Friday, May 6, 2016

Truths

Truths

-God's timing is perfect
-His plan is perfect
-He is not wasting my time at wherever I am in life
-His will is more important than mine
-God's Kingdom advancing is more important than my happiness
-Life is so short no matter how big anything feels
-Sometimes God says no because He has something better for me. Other times He is just saying, "Not yet." Either way, He is right to do so even when it hurts.
-Just because I don't hear anything from Him, doesn't mean He isn't working
-Someone's heart being changed isn't always visible or able to be measured, but prayer is still required
-Even on the worst days of work, if someone sees Jesus in me through my actions, my words, my silence, or my demeanor, then it was a successful day in His book
-If it is a God-given desire, just because it hasn't been met yet doesn't mean that I am wrong for wanting it
-Prayer is more important than I understand
-God's hand is even in the smallest of details. Nothing is "too small" to pray about.
-It is not simply called "self-control" as if I am required to muster up more of it. It is truly Holy Spirit infused self-control. I must seek more of God to require more self-control.
-I won't understand everything in life. God won't always reveal a purpose for things.
-Who I am on the inside is more important than how I look on the outside. We'll all be old and ugly some day!
-God knows how we feel even when words can't describe it
-Worrying about what might happen, could happen, or might be happening right now but we aren't sure of it, is a waste of time and lies from satan. To fear something we don't even know is happening or might happen is stupid. Daydreaming and dwelling on it also doesn't help.
-God wins in the end.
-People who don't know Him aren't the enemy, but they are being held captive by the enemy
-People who don't know Him aren't supposed to live a life like mine, so I can't be surprised when they don't
-I am not perfect, and can't beat myself up all the time when I mess up
-Nobody is perfect. Knowing that and loving with forbearance is important.
-"If satan can't make you bad, he'll make you busy."
-Scripture trumps feelings
-God gives us a peace that the world cannot give
-It matters more than I am right with God than if humans approve of it
-Some day, heaven is going to be awesome
-Until then, we are to be about our Father's business
-Momentary pleasure is not worth the long term consequences
-When we've lost our joy, it is to be found again in the silence of sitting before the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment