Sunday, June 7, 2015

Chew on this

Good quotes from books I've read recently (some fiction, some non-fiction)...



"Battles are won and lost through prayer." - Karen Kingsbury

"Life was too short to hide true feelings of the heart." - Karen Kingsbury

"Springtime reigned in her soul and sunshine followed her into the apartment despite the dark of night outside." - Karen Kingsbury

"We were challenged to impact and serve the world in radical ways, but we never learned how to be an average person living an average life in a beautiful way." - Ordinary, Michael Horton

"Any long-term relationship that wants to grow and be healthy needs those ordinary minute, hour, days, months, and years. This is more than just enduring those moments passively. It requires engaging in intentional thought and effort as well as enjoyment. That's also true of our relationship with the triune God in his body, the visible church." - Ordinary, Michael Horton

"What I'm slowly realizing is that, for me, being in the house all day with a baby and a two-year-old is a lot more scary and a lot harder than being in a war-torn African village. What I need is courage for the ordinary, the daily every-dayness of life. Caring for a homeless kid is a lot more thrilling to me than listening well to the people in my home. Giving away clothes requires less of me than being kind to my husband on an average Wednesday morning or calling my mother back when I don't feel like it." - Ordinary, Michael Horton (a quote from someone else in his book, not him saying this)

No comments:

Post a Comment