Wednesday, June 24, 2015

That smile

You know how people say your heart swells or bursts with excitement? Is your heart beating faster, or getting more oxygen? And you wonder if just for a moment your heart actually grew bigger, and then went back to it's normal size. Tunnel vision occurs, and when you think back to that moment, you can't even remember the people standing around you or maybe even an entire conversation you had, because whatever it was that made your heart grow bigger was the only thing you can remember. Sometimes it brings a smile to your face that you can't get off your face, to the point where someone asks, "Why are you smiling like that?" And you know that even if you explained it to them, they wouldn't feel the same way, so you almost don't want to explain it.

So I won't explain it to you. I won't tell you exactly what those moments are for me, because words don't even do it justice. And even in trying to describe it or even just saying what happened, I would keep going to the point of rambling or repeating myself. Like when you ask a kid how their week long vacation was, and they go on a non-stop conversation with jumbled up pieces of different parts of their week. "We had ice cream and we watched movies and went to the kids museum and oh! They had this cool thing where you walk in front of lights where it takes a picture of your shadow and we saw fish in the river on the way to the grocery store..." And you think, "Uhhh... I'm totally not following kid, but I'm glad you had a good time!"

I'm so thankful for those times, for the Lord showing me what joy looks like, what beautiful things look like, and what His power looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment