Friday, August 30, 2013

The end. The beginning.

The end.

My friend Joy leaves on Saturday to go to Bosnia for a year to be a missionary. She told me two years ago that she wanted to be a missionary, and now she is going off to do that. I will miss her SO MUCH!!! :-(

Four awesome people from Slovakia were here for six weeks, and there time in America is over. They leave on Tuesday, and tonight I said goodbye to them, but since I'm terrible at goodbyes, it was short and sweet.

We won't be meeting at the Bartons' house anymore for bible study, we are moving it to the church. I will miss being at their house, seeing the kids every week and holding the baby, seeing Lee Ann, and just being there.



The beginning.

Every Tuesday morning I will be meeting with my friend Katie to read and talk about the bible! I'm so excited to do this with her and grow together and pray together.

This year I'm teaching 11th and 12th grade girls with Katie, and last year we had 9th and 10th grade girls. It will be at night this school year instead of Sunday morning. I look forward to having everybody together instead of being split between two hours of services!

Bible study at the church means everybody can be together again. We were split between two houses and I missed the people from the other house. I also think this will help us grow more, and I look forward to the new people coming!

I feel like the year starts over twice every year!! January is the calendar year, and September is the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment