Monday, August 12, 2013

I'm so glad God said no

I used to pray that I could go to Georgia College and State University. God said no. I only lived out of my parents house for 2 years, but in those 2 years and having to pull out loans for college, I realized I would have been in much more debt if I went to GCSU instead of KSU and living at home 3 out of 5 of those years. I also would have missed out on meeting the people who are at NorthStar now because I would have been somewhere else, and I don't know where I would have gone on my own after college since someone invited me to the NorthStar young adults' bible study. I'm so glad God said no to going to GCSU.

I used to pray that certain guys would like me or that God would let me date certain guys. God said no. Some of them I realized later that we wouldn't match up on certain things and it would probably be a problem if we dated. Some of them I realized didn't really fall under what I was looking for, I was just following my emotions and "attraction" and saw that I was blinded. Some of them I realized later that they weren't ready to be in a relationship, and maybe I wasn't either at certain times. Some of them I realized just fit better with other girls than me. I'm so glad God said no. I still pray for a husband, but I try to pray less for specific guys because obviously I've been wrong every time.

I used to pray to get a job at Books-A-Million. God said no. After working at Lifeway Christian Bookstore, a few years later I got an interview with BAM and found out there was a lot of stuff I would hate about working at BAM. I'm so glad God said no.

I used to pray that I could sing for the young adults' service at my previous church. God said no. The other college students in the band said I wasn't needed, or only wanted me to sing one tiny bit of one song and stand there the rest of the time. Later I realized that I would have hated it even if they let me sing with them because we didn't get along, and when I started singing once a month at my current church for the young adults' service I realized how full of LOVE and selflessness there is. I'm so glad God said no to singing at my previous church.

I used to pray that all my close friends would stay here, and live life with me. God said no. He has called them to other places, other countries, other cities, other places, to further His kingdom. To go and make disciples of all nations. To tell others the good news and some day be in heaven. I'm so glad God said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment