Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rememer when?

I'm reading back through old journals. Back, back, back. You know what happens when you read them back? You laugh at funny things, you smile at great memories, and your heart aches at sad ones. You see answered prayers, things you missed, and you see the big picture. When years start blurring together, you can see where things changed. When you only remember the bad things about something, you can read back and find the good things. And vice versa.

It's funny to see where I wrote, "I will never...." and then it happened. Or "I'm certain that this will happen" and then it didn't. I swore I'd never like a certain guy. I swore I'd teach. I had grand plans.

I look at my mistakes. I look at my successes. I look at my past so I don't repeat it in my future.

And I think about how other people have forgotten all this stuff I have written down! They don't remember these things, just like I didn't until I read it again! There are some things that need to be shared again.

No comments:

Post a Comment