Saturday, January 26, 2013

Life

Tonight at work, right towards the beginning of my shift, a frustrating customer who comes in all the time walked in and I had to deal with him. Of course he was being ridiculous, as usual, and got all mad at me and in turn I was so frustrated and couldn't let it go. It took quite a while for me to chill down, and the whole time I'm thinking of what I will say to him next time he comes in. Which will probably be tomorrow night. It's like a repeat of ridiculousness. Well BRING IT. We're about to have a smack down because I'm sick of having to deal with his attitude every day, and acting as if I am being ridiculous for not giving him FREE coffee every day. He drinks just a little bit and then comes in the next day and asks us to "top it off" with just a little bit of coffee that isn't enough for him to charge him with, and then today he drank most of it and asked for another top off without even walking away. I started to charge him $1.75 for a tall, and he said, "Well if you're going to be weird about it, then I don't want coffee." Psh. Yes. I am being "weird" because I'm following not only rules but the NORM of paying for things that you want in a store. Oh what? That's a normal thing? Yeah. I thought so.

Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. Work.

That's not all that is in my life, and I've taken a third day off last week and this week, and then next week I have FIVE days off in a row because of shooting/editing videos for our youth weekend, Revive, and then the whole weekend lockin. But dang, it feels like it's all consuming sometimes.

It's only 37 hours. It's just enough to tread water in money though. And just enough to make me crazy sometimes.

Thursday was a good day. (That was yesterday, although it's technically "Saturday" as I type this at 3:30 AM.) I slept in till noon. I went to Northstar to help edit some video and it was a little frustrating. I got to talk to Lacey, a girl in my bible study, for an hour! Even in listening to her, she said some things that really struck me, without meaning to. She said some things that made a big shift in some of my thoughts. I think God brought us that hour for Him to speak through her. Chris came and showed me how to edit the video, Bryan brought dessert from Chili and 4 of us sat in the hall and ate it, and bible study at night was good. I had some good conversations with people but also love that we are singing a song each week now. Starting next week I'll also get to hold a new born baby every single Thursday night and I'm stoked about that! I'll be getting there early so I can hold her before everyone else comes to pass her around! :-) Since I can't have my own baby right now, I'm glad someone else is having one I can be around. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment