Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Trip


During my trip to Washington I enjoyed time reading, writing, etc. in a coffee shop / café where my cousins work, while they were working. Contrasting to Starbucks, they were less about speed and more about personal interaction. I went to the fair one day and night where I saw lots of things and ate fair food. I went to a park with beautiful flowers and a waterfront view. We had some nights in where we just hung out at home, watched movies and a comedian, and laughed at things on Pinterest. We went to many coffee shops between Starbucks, Anthem, and Bella Latte. We went to the mall, church, Barnes and Noble, a prayer / worship night, and a tent revival. My cousins and I stayed up til 2:30 almost every morning talking, although one usually fell asleep first.


My flight home was delayed by 5 hours, while I sat in the airport, but I have three seats to myself so I can look out the window, keep my bookbag next to me, and stretch out. That’s a first. Too bad it’s night time now and when we were flying during the light it was over desert looking areas so I couldn’t take many pictures. Who livesout there? Yuck.


During the time we were waiting for the plane, we could see it. It was right there, ready to go, but it had a broken part and they had to wait until a part came in from another plane and then they had to fix it and test it. It was tough knowing that they plane was RIGHT THERE and yet we couldn’t get on it because it wasn’t time. And then I thought, that a metaphor for life right there! There are things in life just within reach, or things you want and might actually be the right thing for you, but it’s not ready or time yet. God has to fix it first and perfect it so you don’t get on early and crash.



No comments:

Post a Comment