Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Work and such

A job I would particularly hate would be inspecting stores. Searching for anything unclean, anything out of place, anything broken, and having people panic when they see me. Having the power to shut down a store. A health inspector is not a job I would ever want. Today we had one come into Starbucks. I personally think we are a very clean store. But this lady looked places I didn't even know could be looked at. It was slightly crazy. We scored well, but the stress level shot up in the place. Thank goodness not that many customers came through during that time. I know the purpose is to make sure everyone is safe and that what we serve to people is safe. But I think there comes a point when it's a bit crazy. Just saying. My opion.

Today I woke up at noon, left my house at 12:30, worked from 1-9, then went to my friend's appartment to hang out with some girl friends until 10:40 PM. While I know it's dumb to get up at 12:30 and go straight to work, I don't go to bed until at least 2 AM. It's just the way I roll. ;-) I seriously have a hard time going to bed any earlier. Soon I will be working all night shifts which will include much later times than 9, which is fine, but I will miss friend time. :-( Doesn't really matter, I need money. It's money time! haha. I will always have Thursday nights off for bible study, and that will be what I look forward to each week as it has been the past year and a half. What a blessing it has been, the learning, the people there.

Although this is a silly thing, it's true: the headset at work is sorta like a headband that doesn't stay put, and when it moves around so much, it seriously messes up my hair making it look like I never brushed it. It's quite annoying.

My hair and my clothes will forever smell like coffee. Better than smelling like Firehouse Subs which I smelled like for 8 months in high school, gross. Great food, not a great smell to be wearing. "Wow, you smell like meat!" Not really what you want to hear.

Today was my first 8 hour shift at Starbucks. While it was a little hectic because of that insepctor lady coming, it wasn't a terrible day. But at the end I was tired of being there. The last hour felt like forever. I'm sure over time I'll get used to it though. I'm just thankful to have a job and not be sitting at home like I have been the past 4 months.

I'm reading a new book called, "Not A Fan" by Kyle Idleman. Two questions he asks is, "What really frustrates you and upsets you? What do you get really excited about? The answers to that might be what is competing with God." As I answered those in my head, I cringed and thought yeah, maybe it IS what kind of competes with God. He made an illustration that used the vereses where Jesus said to hate your family and friends, and in some translations it says, "in comparison to me." Idleman's illustraition was that if you were married or in a serious relationship and your boyfriend had your picture in his wallet FIRST and in the front, but pictures of all his ex-girlfriends behind it, you'd be mad. You wouldn't just want to be first, you'd want to be the only one. True. For me, a lot of things excite me. But I think what stuck out more was what frustrated me or made me upset. With one thing in particular, I thought, "Ugh. I KNOW this competes with God in my life. I KNOW I don't trust Him enough with this area in my life and when I try I just fail over and over again. And I don't know how to change that." I feel that as long as I don't trust God in this area, it will never be a problem that is resolved or goes away on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment