Friday, December 23, 2011

Suhhhweeetttt.

I can't put lids on a cup!! What?! I've had a lot of messes from that and held up a lot of people because I can't put any of the lids on. I mean come on. That's ridiculous.
Let me tell you. There are crazy people in the world. They're everywhere! No job is free from them! If you are crazy late, don't stop in for coffee and then get mad when we're not fast enough. If we mess up your drink, we will make you a new one for free - we are human and make mistakes so don't act like we are terrible people for messing up. If you hand me money and then say, "Oh! I have 15 cents" after I already cashed it out, DON'T! I can't do mental math and always get it wrong, and getting a calculator takes too long! Don't hand me a handful of change and ask me to count it when we're crazy busy and you're hoping for 84 cents. Don't come through drive through and ask what types of cups we have inside and have us go back and forth to get it when we're really busy. If you get a cupon in your e-mail the day after you bought something and don't bring the item or orginial credit card back to the store, just the recipt, we can't do that! How would we know you're not lying or that your card was fake or whatever?

We do have a lot of great customers though. Today a guy brought us a pork he'd roasted since last night and it was awesome!! Other people give good tips, say nice things, bring us food, etc. There are more nice people than rude people.

I'm slowly getting better at repeating drinks back to people and finding the buttons faster on the cash registar. But not good at making drinks yet. There's a lot of numbers of how much syrrup and pumps and stuff goes in hot and cold drinks and frappachinos and whatnot. I know some day it will be easier, but it isn't right now.

I want to be good at what I do, no matter what I do. I want to be over-the-top good. Like amazing. I put 100% into my work, because who would want someone to work for them that "just gets by"?

I don't think I ever want to be a shift leader because they're the one who gets yelled at even when it's not their fault or it's not fair. :-( Makes me sad for them. And all the hard questions go to them.

I heard these girls at Starbucks studying for high school something, and they were being distracted by Siri on the girl's iphone. Haha. I don't have Siri but I want it. But then I might be  more distracted than normal?

It's 3 days til Christmas! What? It's like each year I'm surprised and I don't know why.

Sometimes my heart and my head don't connect. My brain says something different than my heart. I read a book once that equated it as a man riding an elephant, with the rider being your brain/logic and your heart being the elephant. While the rider tries it's best to guide the elephant, when the elephant has a stronger desire, it's bigger and goes where it wants. Sometimes my brain says, "Run away!" and my heat says, "Stay!" Sometimes my brain says, "Protect your heart!"and my heart says, "But maybe you're overprotecting your heart." Sometimes my brain says, "Don't be stupid" but my heart says, "Just do it." There are times my brain says, "If God says no, it's ok. He has a reason" and my heart says, "But it's not fair! I don't like it this way!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment