Wednesday, June 13, 2018

On Jordan's stormy banks I stand

It's the end of the wilderness. I can see the other side. So hold on now, I'm going in. I'm wading into the river, praying the Lord holds up the water where I can't even see it, allowing me to pass through. May this all bring Him glory. May the stories that led up to this time point people to Him, and may the fulfillment of His promises show others that He is indeed real.

I have stacks of rocks behind me, of moments He spoke, of moments He encouraged me, and I glance at them often to remember what amazing things He did to lead up to this. But of course I battle the doubts, because it's all in what I have heard Him say and nothing in the circumstances that I can see. Perhaps if even one small thing were reflecting what I've heard...but no, I haven't seen it yet. I have only heard. I can only trust. I trust the One who has spoken, and I believe the Lord will do what He says.

The spiritual attacks have been an onslaught over the past few months. Things have stepped up a notch. As if satan thinks any attack would thwart God's plan. Ha! No. Because I know all of this, all of what He has promised, is not of MY doing, but of His. Sure, He has asked me to do specific things, and I have been obedient to the best of my human abilities. But it is not all dependent on me. So I fight the attacks. I pray the big things. I push and push and push and push. I march around the walls of Jericho over and over, waiting for the day when it crumbles down in an instant.

As I pondered this the other day, the imagery of standing at the brink of the Promised Land, of the fulfillment of what God has promised, I was scrolling through Facebook and Crowder posted a line on his facebook that said, "I'm longing for the Promise Land. Are you with me?" with a link to a video of him singing a song that I had never heard before, from a few years ago. Some of the lyrics are, "On Jordan's stormy banks I stand, I'm longing for the promised land... I believe something is coming, there's no way I can move unless You choose to do something." Yes! What great timing to read that and hear that song for the first time, as I had just been thinking about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment