Sunday, May 20, 2018

The fire

I felt like I heard a spark, and when I turned around, there was a giant fire ablaze. To make it worse, the wind picked it up, coursing through the flames to strengthen it. On one hand, the warmth and beauty is stunning. On the other hand, it burns quickly toward destruction. Trying to put out the fire is a daunting task because I feel so unequipped and unable to pull myself together and actually do it. I feel like if I could just get the fire under control, it would be a nice bonfire instead of a forest fire. But I have no idea what to do or what is going to happen. When hearts and sin an flesh is involved, there's an uncontrollable force behind it. Of course the Holy Spirit is greater than all fires, and I pray He calms the fire just like Jesus calmed the sea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment