Sunday, May 20, 2018

Celebrate in the waiting

Times that I'm good with waiting:

-When I'm waiting on someone who is late and I have a book to read or I have other things I need to catch up on, or when I'm actively doing something fun while I wait
-When I have someone I enjoy to wait with me
-When I need to process or think about something, and waiting gives me the opportunity to do that
-When I see the steps along the way that are leading up to an end result, or there is a specific end time (that isn't a ridiculous amount of time)
-When God gives me supernatural peace and patience
-When there are things to take pictures of while I wait

I do not celebrate the waiting itself, I celebrate IN the waiting. Same thing with the scripture about being thankful IN all circumstances, not FOR all circumstances.

There's a song called, "While I'm Waiting," by John Waller, and it's good... part of the chorus says, "While I'm waiting, I will serve You. While I'm waiting, I will worship." While I'm waiting I will be about the Lord's business, doing my best to run the race well, be obedient, and continue spreading the Good News. While I'm waiting I will use the gifts the Lord gave me, I will serve others, I will live life with friends, and I will write down all that God does so I can go back and remember it.

I know that God has great plans! And I know His timing is perfect. Scripture trumps feelings, and truth prevails through trials and attacks. His grace covers all my weaknesses and sins, and He still chooses to use a broken vessel (myself) to reach others.

No comments:

Post a Comment