Thursday, April 30, 2015

Beautiful timing

You know those TV shows where there are 7 million plot lines and twists and turns, and you forget things? Life is way more complicated than that. But, thankfully, God has it all under control.

Today was one of those days where funny things happened, and I was reminded of God's timing. And his humor. I think I forget sometimes. No, let me take that back, I forget a lot of times. Apparently we're all wired like that.

This afternoon my friend posted a picture she'd posted today a long time ago, thanks to the new Facebook thing, and I laughed out loud because it was a picture of the sky/clouds that looked really purple, unnaturally purple. And it was in 2012, when I didn't know her yet. I took a picture at some point, of a really purple sky! I searched and searched through my pictures until I came across my picture, so similar to hers, and it was in 2012 as well, but a different day. Different month too.

Tonight I went to Arby's for dinner. On my drive back to work, I was thinking about and praying about someone. I glanced over and saw their car driving the opposite way of me on 41! (Yep, with their bumper sticker that makes it their car.)

When I was leaving work, two of my engaged friends, Jessie and Grant, were at Starbucks and budgeting / working on wedding stuff. We talked some, and I said how the other day I remembered that I was standing there with Jessie and our other friend Lacey when Grant had walked up and asked Jessie out the first time! She said yes... and then the next day said no. They were friends for a year before he asked her again, and this time she said yes and they did start dating. I listened to their story and it was cool to see what God did in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment