Monday, February 2, 2015

You too?

I remember being at a time in life where I thought I had to change things about who I am or what I liked or my quirks, in order for people to like me. But the older I get, the more I realize I don't have to do that. And it's fantastic. Because I listen to other people share their quirks, things they enjoy doing that isn't the "norm," and be just exactly who they are, and I love it. And when someone shares something and I feel the same way I'm like, "AH! You too?" whether I say it out loud or not.

I'm not talking about improving upon yourself, setting goals, and growing as a person. That's different.

When you get far more criticism from someone than not, run the heck the other way. Nobody needs their life scrutinized or told that they should change themselves when it's not based on a problem / sin, but on a personality trait.

Hi.
I'm Jennifer.
I like to play video games and computer games.
I write a lot. I also take a massive amount of pictures.
I like metaphors and similes. I also like using emoticons and funny stickers on facebook.
I stay up to crazy hours of the night and sleep in to crazy times as well.
Reading/books, journals, and chocolate are like my kryptonite. Can't leave a bookstore without buying a book.
I'm a picky eater, but I try a lot of things, I just don't like the taste.
I like to be early everywhere I go.
I like to go all out and over the top for my birthday, for things I'm working on, and other random things.
I keep in touch with tons of people all the way back Kindergarten.
Going to Kenya was one of the best things in my life.
I like bright colors. And dancing at weddings. And swings.
I have tons of letters and cards saved up all the way back to elementary school.
I don't really like shopping. I'm a speed shopper, I just want to get what I went for and leave.
I'm all about cheesy humor and cheesy jokes, play on words, and slapstick humor.
I get excited about lots of things, big or small.
I have a really good memory. In some cases, it's a terrible thing. Other times it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment