Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This week

The "1" days this year:
January 1, 2011 - 1/1/11
January 11, 2011 - 1/11/11 (today!)
November 11, 2011 - 11/11/11


So in Georgia it snowed on Christmas day. For the first time in like 100 years or something! The next week, Dec 31, it was 65 degrees out! Warm! And then starting Saturday nght it snowed again! It's confirmed, Georgia weather is bipolar. But, it's kind of fun that way!! haha. It snowed for a few hours Sat night but it fell fast. Within 2 hours or so my driveway and the cul-de-sac was completely covered. The next day I took some pictures, and stuck a ruler in the snow. Almost 5 inches! The most I've seen in GA since I've lived here for 16 years! The schools have been closed yesterday, today, and tomorrow. We might go back Thursday, we might not. It was supposed to be my first day of student teaching yesterday, but now it's being postponed! Bittersweet. Now I will have officially had 6 weeks off of school / work! And people in their houses a day and a half complained of cabin fever, ha!! Oh, and there was thunder with the snow on Sat night!! Which is very rare!!

Last Tuesday I baby-sat two sweet boys Charlie (3) and Trent (2) from 7 AM - 3:30 PM. We had a fun time! Wed I had lunch with my great friend Kaylene. Thur bible study was good. Saturday I had starbucks with my friend Meredith, then took the GACE in the afternoon. I had a hard time finding my room and my seat, but thanks to one of my friends Margo I found it! I don't know how I did - I don't feel any better about it than I did when I took it the first time in July, but I only failed by 2 points last time, so we'll see.

Sunday night we had our run-through of our new Sun night young adults' service! It's exciting to get it off the ground! We have no idea how many people will come to the first official one next week. But, either way it's cool because I like a lot of the people there and am excited to actually get to see them more instead of being in a big crowd in the lobby, only being able to say hello in passing or with distractions.

Well, no telling if I'll be going to the elementary school this week, but I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment