Sunday, January 23, 2011

Student teaching has begun! But shhhh, it's a secret!

During the whole week of the 10th we were out of school for snow / ice! It actually only snowed o Sunday night, but 5 or so inches in just a few hour! Then it wouldn't get above freezing to melt it. Then last Monday was Martin Luther King Jr day. Tuesday I went to an all day workshop with my teacher, and Wednesday - drumroll - I finally started student teaching! I have a 4th grade class. Can't say much more than that due to security / liability/ etc. It gets to be overboard sometimes, like you're NEVER supposed to tell anything about your job or your class - not to a friend, not in an e-mail, not on facebook, nothing. You can't be vauge about it, you can't tell the situation and just not use any names, nothing. So what you do for a living, what takes up your life, has to be a secret. I don't get it.

Since I can't tell anything about the kids, I'll tell about me! I was so tired those three days even though I got a decent night of sleep each night! I have mostly flat shoes but my feet hurt and my lower back hurt! Some of the other teachers at the school keep saying to my teacher things like,"Oh you don't have to grade papers, that's what the student teacher is for!" or "You can stay home with your sick kids and go on vacation and go to other workshops as much as you want because you have a student teacher!" as if my teacher is just off the hook on eveything. Um, no. I am learning from her. And I am a person, not a slave. Anyways, she hasn't acted like she's just going to ditch me, so that is good. :-)

Wed I had coffee with the teacher I had when I was in 3rd grade, Thursday night I had bible study, Friday night I bought some ice cream, Saturday morning I had coffee with a friend, and tonight was church.

No comments:

Post a Comment