Sunday, January 30, 2011

my week

Week 2 of student teaching - check.

My teacher was out on Thursday for a workshop, so I ran the day (with some help from the sub) and it went fairly well. This week I got a sore throat so I took a lot of aiborn and coldeeze so it's better now. But my nose has been all messed up and still is. I have blister on the back of my heels so I have to wear gauze on it. I got my own little desk and bought a bunch of stuff at Target to put on it and I like it. Not that I'll be sitting the desk much, but I put all my stuff on it. Yesterday, Saturday, I felt like doing absoluly nothing!! And just sat around or was on facebook!

I did go to Chili's last night with some people from church and that was fun. Had dinner Fri night with a friend, and bible study Thur night. Since I stay at school til around 4:30 because of meetings and planning, my time at home seems so short. I can't imagine having kids to come home to for those who are student teaching! Or even just teaching!

One difficult thing for me as the days rush by leaving me tired and slightly stressed - am I living a life for Christ? I'm praying for the kids in my class - not just that they would behave well or learn and succeed, but that they would feel joy and peace, that they would all come to know God some day, and for specific things in their lives that I know of. To think that some of them never have anyone praying for them is an eye opening thought. A lot of days though I forget to pray / read by bible at night, or when I do I am distracted. No matter what stage in life I'm in, I want to serve God. I'm just not always sure what that looks like when my time is limited.

On a different note, there are some things in my life that are stagnant and it is fustrating not to see a change when I want there to be. Whether it be a difficult situation, a habit I'm tying to break, feelings that I'm trying to change, etc. Sometimes I look at them and think, "Ok, it's been months / years now. What can I do NOW to change it?" and someimes I don't know the answer to that. Sometimes there's nothing I can do, and praying doesn't always change it because apparently God wants some things in my life to stay. It's just tough to think, "Will I be in this exact same place with this situation 5 years from now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment