Friday, October 15, 2010

No title can accurately sum up this post!! :-D

Someone said to me tonight, "It looks like you've got a lot on your mind." Why yes, I do - does my face show it?!

Classes end next week, but I still have some projects / papers due.

For my time in the 2nd grade classroom, I have to write a 5 day lesson (1 each day, all related to one theme but on different subject areas) and then teach them with a teacher from KSU writing about me. Ahhh! And also do things like a map of the classroom, an interactive bulleton board, create and do centers, etc. The work load is heavy. I haven't been able to start any of that because I've had things due for my classes.

I've gone once or twice a week for the past 8 weeks to the elementary school, and it wipes me out! I go home and take a 2 - 3 hour nap!! Starting Oct 26 I will go every day until the end of November. (Except Thanksgiving break of course.)

Besides school related things I've got other things on my mind as well....dealing with certain people, we'll leave it at that.

The past two weeks weather wise has been CRAZY!!! Sometimes it's SO cold and other times it's SO hot. Not a fan of this back and forth-ness. ;-)

I stink at time management!!!!

I'm back on facebook.

I tried the salted caramel hot chocolate at Starbucks and didn't like it. But some of my friends said they LOVED it! What's wrong with my tounge?

I'm going on a retreat with the young adults from my church the last weekend in October to a pretty cabin in the woods. It's only Fri night to Sun afternoon, but it will still be a good break. Especially a mental break!!! I will not think about school related things while I'm on it!!

I'm waiting for a loan to come in. Why does it take so long?

I need new shoes for being in the elementary school. I'm a tennis shoes kind of girl - that's all I want to wear! I have nice black shoes, but they don't go with things like khakis or a brown shirt, etc. I don't like heels. I don't like shoes that are pretty but hurt my feet or give me blisters. So tomorrow I go shoe shopping. I hate shopping for shoes, I'm just going to say. People who love shoes and buy a ton just confuse me. I don't even notice other people's shoes most of the time! They're on the ground....a long way from our heads and line of vision!! ;-)

I'd don't enjoy walking on the treadmill, even with music or a podcast. But I need to do it anyways.

I'm on Bejewelled Blitz (on facebook) too much. I aim to be #1. Who cares? Right? Nobody goes, "Oh, Jennifer's awesome because she's number one on Bejewelled Blitz." Yet I continue at it. Even when I reach #1 I think, "Well I need to keep playing to earn more coins which will help me in case somebody beats me, or when the scores reset next week." And time slips away.

There are moments when I wish I was in Kenya again. I wish I could be there, hands on, to help people who really need it. People who don't know God. To live more simply. To serve. To talk to the great people that we've made friends with on our trips there. Some of them have impacted my life in ways they'll never know.

I wonder where I will apply for jobs as a teacher next summer. I wonder how long it will take me to find a job, what grade I will teach, how long my drive to and from school will be, if I will have to move, if I will bomb questions in interviews, if I will love my job or hate my job, if I will have enough money to get supplies for my room some day, and what kind of teachers will be on my hall and grade that I work with.

My Week
Good: bible studies, retreat coming up soon, it was nice being able to get back on facebook, I'm thankful for my friends Sarah and Courtney from my classes
Bad: took long naps after being in the elementary school two days this week, have to find new shoes this weekend, I was on Bejewelled Blitz for too long, overwhelmed about school work
Exciting: only 1 week left of classes, watched the 33 miners being pulled out of the mine in Chilie after 70 days of being stuck down there (I only watched parts of it)
Boring: classes for the most part

No comments:

Post a Comment