Saturday, February 4, 2023

Fancy, fun, and friendships!

Soon I get to take my first "business trip" for work, to work at a symposium (not a conference) at a resort (not a hotel) in Florida. I feel so fancy. I've never stayed in a resort. After it's over, I'm taking a vacation day to go to Islands of Adventure and see Harry Potter World with a friend! I'm so pumped because it's been on my bucket list to go to HP world, and no one I know could ever go with me. Since HP world is split between Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios I do have the day pass to skip between the two, but honestly I don't care about Universal Studios. I went to Islands of Adventure when I was 13 and 15 with my youth group, but HP world didn't exist then. I took a few pictures on my disposable camera that turned out terrible, so it'll be nostalgic for me to go back and also nice to be able to take more pictures! I'll be staying two nights in a hotel near there that is themed like the beach which will also be fun, and we're going to Disney Springs for the first time as well. On a scale from 1-10 of excitement, I'm at a 10. 

I am also on the brink of moving. Still. For the past 3 years. But this time for real. I wish I could say I was about to buy a house but I still can't afford it, so I'll be renting for the time being. But I am still hopeful for good things. It won't be a far move since I'm still at my same job.  

This past August I started going to another new church. My previous one was 45 minutes away, and I just wasn't meshing with people. It just wasn't what I was looking for. The one I've been at since August is GREAT! It's definitely more my style, I've already had meals and coffee with lots of people, and am going on the second semester of a bible study with the same people that are awesome. I've even had dinner with the pastor and his wife, which in previous churches they were too busy to do even after years. 

In October my brother is getting married, so I'll be going to Texas for the first time! We'll be staying in little one room cabins on a property they're getting married in, and I'll have my own. 

I've been at my work for 4 years now and I'm immensely grateful. 

Other things that have been occupying my time these days are listening to the Pod Meets World podcast (Boy Meets World!), reading a million books, watching The Chosen (go watch it right now if you haven't), watching Boy Meets World for the first time, playing Disney Dreamlight Valley on my PC (I can't play Hogwarts Legacy until I get a better PC because my laptop won't run it), going to two bible studies (one with my church and one that I've been to for 11 years), coffee shop hopping, photography, and time with friends. Overall, things in life are good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment