Friday, December 14, 2018

I have a new job!

Day 161 of not working at Starbucks. 

I got a full time job! I will be an administrative assistant at a research center. I start at the beginning of January. I'm so excited, and also glad I get to do all my fun December stuff without having to cancel anything! This job is where I hope to stay for a long time, Lord willing. 

"Look here, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.' How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog - it's here a little while, then it's gone. What you ought to say is, 'If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.' Otherwise you are boasting about your own pretentious plans, and all such boasting is evil." - James 4:13-16

At this time last year I had no intentions of working at my church part time or quitting Starbucks. I had no plans of discipling my two friends Anna and Alice who I've discipled for almost a year now, and I didn't meet Anna until January. 2018 was a fantastic year, and I can't even imagine where I'll be in a year or what will happen in 2019, and I'm excited about it. I'm thankful because God has answered this prayer of having a job, and looking forward to what is next. 

I'm sad to leave my job with my church. Some people I won't hardly see at all anymore, and others I will still see at bible study and other things I am doing. But it will obviously be a lot less. It has been the best job I've ever had. 

One of my good friends recently got engaged, one graduated college, one had a baby, and two are pregnant and soon to have a baby. So a lot is going on with myself and friends! 

There's a little bit of the fear of unknown that comes with all changes, but not too much. I'm excited to meet new people, have a desk and decorate it, be able to pay for things again, not have to deal with the public, still have time for church stuff, not have to work Saturdays, and actually have a job that I enjoy! It's so encouraging to also have friends who will want to hear how things are going and how I'm doing. Having good friends to cheer you on and who you know are always there for you is life changing. 

Besides that great news, I've been enjoying time with friends the past few weeks, and more to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment