Monday, September 24, 2018

The fair

Day 79 of not working at Starbucks.

I have a good plan setup for this week of things to do and on what days. I'm optimistic for the week ahead, even though it's fall break for people and lots of my friends are away and so it will be a week with less human interaction. It's ok. I'll be extra productive this week.

I went to the North Georgia Fair on Friday night. I haven't been since I as 17. I went to the Washington State Fair about 4 years ago though. I feel like anything really good or really bad that happens at the fair is more engraved in your memory because the smells are strong, the sounds are specific, there are bright lights and bright colors, and the food is unique. Nothing crazy happened in my experience at the fair, just an observation. All of the senses are heightened, and it's almost overwhelming. Especially when there are SO many people. I literally didn't look at people's faces around me because my brain couldn't process that many. I could hardly keep track of the 7 people with me. I had funnel cake with chocolate on it. I heard David Crowder preform for 30 minutes. I tried a deep fried Oreo for the first time. I used an ATM for the first time in 10 years since I didn't realize the whole place only took cash. To me, the company was better than the fair itself.

Even with not working at Starbucks, my brain has been full. But mostly full of good stuff. I treasure the time and conversations I'm having with people, even if it's just 10 minutes, or even if it's just a routine time that I'm seeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment