Sunday, July 12, 2015

I need people

For the past two weeks, several of my friends were in Slovakia on a mission trip, one being my friend Emily who I talk to multiple times a week about everything. A lot of things have happened in the past two weeks for me, and I know a lot has happened for her too! My parents also went out of town the past week, and so I had the house to myself. I like the quiet and time to myself most of the time, but this past week was lonely. There was too much drama at work, I had a few hours of unsuccessful job searching, there was hardly anyone I knew at church last week, our bible study was super small the past two weeks so we just talked some or played games, and basically I was overly emotional with several things and couldn't pull myself together. I was thinking too much. I was overanalyzing and questioning things and trying to just watch more Netflix to drown out the thinking.

And I just thought... I need people. How does anyone function without close friends and/or family? Oh that's right, they're crazy or angry or stressed out or sad people all of the time.

I did have some good times with God, reading the bible, and praying. I even sang out loud in my house sometimes, just worship songs as I was cleaning or making food. But overall I was lacking quality time with people. Yes, I spent 37 hours with coworkers and customers, but that's not quality time. Even for those I like, we don't have in depth conversations most of the time.

So today my parents got home and I talked to my mom for about 2 hours, and my friends got home from Slovakia but they've been traveling for like 48 hours, so I just got some hugs in and will get to catch up with them later.

I'm so thankful for the people in my life that have forbearance with me, and me for them. I'm so glad that they listen to me, and forgive me, and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment