Monday, January 5, 2015

What's new?

I normally get black or white jackets, because that way it doesn't clash with anything. But a few months ago I saw a red jacket and decided to get it. To be different. Who cares if it clashes when I wear pink. So far so good. This past week I needed new tennis shoes and I normally get ones that are gray with a little bit of color, like pink or blue. But I saw these shoes that were dark blue, bright blue, and have the hot pink nike symbol on it. I debated for a while, again, thinking it might look silly with most of my clothes, but decided to get it anyways.

In these two things, I thought, I want to switch things up a little more often. I've had a calendar with beaches for the past like 5 years, because they're so pretty, but this time I got a calendar with pictures of porches! I've bought some books that I wouldn't normally read. I'm pushing to get out of the habits in my life that aren't really there for any point, just because they are safe and because it's long engrained in me.

This means taking pictures of things that are different and creative. Going new places (which I've always loved). Trying new food. And whatever else I can think of as I go along.

So... here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment