Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Because I'm happy... clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

I just saw this article that has 7 questions to bring happiness closer. It obviously lacks God, but with Him included by own decision, they're good questions...

1. What can I be thankful for?
-My friend Christina came to visit me at work today and I got to talk to her on my last ten minute break
-Taking pictures of some friends for their Christmas cards went well yesterday, and I have more coming up soon!
-Everything Christmas is great!
-My parents, for listening to me, for buying me poptarts when I didn't have time to get more, for hugging me when I still smell like coffee (they don't like coffee), and for a roof over my head

2. Who do I know that loves me?
-My parents
-A LOT of friends from church and bible study
-A few friends from my home church
-My friend and coworker Nichole

3. What progress have I made?
-I have had my DSLR camera for 9 months, and have grown in my photography, and also gotten a lot of jobs since then! I started out with everything being free, but now I'm up to the point where I can charge money and people will pay!
-My job used to stress me out so much that it was messing with my health, and my mental sanity! I have learned how to better manage my stress at work which sometimes just means letting things go faster and saying, "Ok, it happened, and now it's over. Letting it go now."
-Maybe I'm learning how to let go of people more too. It's a huge weakness of mine, letting people I love go. I'm trying to remember that most people in life aren't "friends for life," and I try to appreciate the time I got with them and then move on. I'm also trying to balance what it looks like to keep in touch with people. I used to try to keep in touch with everybody all the time and was sad when it wasn't returned, but I can't balance that many people in my life anyways.

4. What contribution do I bring?
-I hope that my pictures bring glory to God. I also hope they bring people happiness and good memories, as well as a new perspective on things sometimes.
- I give people coffee! Coffee fuels a lot of people, and without it we'd have some pretty angry people out there! (Even more so than they already are!)
- With being on leadership with my bible study, I hope that I am hoping other people grown in their relationship with the Lord, am able to encourage them, and help them go spread the gospel to others.
-I try to use my money to help others when I can. I am helping a little girl in Kenya to have food and a bed and life. I'm helping a friend live in another country to spread the gospel there. I help give money when there are families in need from tragedies or medical problems. I want my little bit of money to reach other people to bring them closer to God, and to bring those who don't know Him into heaven!

5. What pursuits bring me the most joy?
-Photography
-Writing
-Reading
-Singing
-Friends and family
-Reading the bible
-Praying and spending time with God

6. Who can I help?
I mentioned a bunch of ways I help people above! But I'm always on the lookout for more.

7. What choices do I have?
-I'm still job searching. Being at Starbucks for 3 years is 3 years longer than I thought I'd be there. I have the choice to look harder and more often.
-I have a choice not to be on the internet/games/tv for so long, and make better use of my time. I am in control of my time, I do not have to feel like I just "fall" into whatever I'm doing.
-I have a choice to pray throughout my day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment