Sunday, June 8, 2014

The rainbows and the storms

Tuesday night I went to my friend Christina's house because a few people who are going to Slovakia on a mission trip next month were getting together to hang out and she invited me because I had been to Slovakia before. There were only 6 of us, but that was still good. We ate hot dogs, sat by the fire, talked a lot, and then I stayed after everyone else left and talked to Christina for two hours. The sky was beautiful as the sun set. It was good catching up with Christina after almost a year of not being able to.

Next weekend I'm going on a retreat to a cabin on the lake with the leadership team from my bible study. I'm SO excited about it!! I used to go with my young adults group at my other church to a cabin every year and loved it, but since I left that church I haven't been on one. Cabins are awesome, whether they are fancy or totally normal. I just like being away, and being with friends.

I'm going to Tacoma, Washington in September for my cousin Emily's wedding! I can't wait to see her, my other cousin Carly, and my aunt and uncle. My mom is going with me this time and she has only been out there when my aunt and uncle got married some 25 years ago! I am incredibly lucky to have beautiful, godly, amazing cousins and wish that we all lived closer.

Doesn't it seem like life is a mix of beautiful and terrible?

Thursday night there was a bad storm. The storm clouds were actually beautiful in itself and people took pictures of it. It rained, it thundered, and lighteninged is not a word. So what is the past tense of lightning? Huh. Anyways, afterwards there was a beautiful orange, pink sky, and I didn't see it but I saw pictures later, that there was a big rainbow in the pink sky!! I have never seen such a thing! Although I like storms like that, I do not like it when they bring down trees, take out power, or hurt things/people.

That's pretty much how life is. Work will be terrible. Then it's ok. I'll love the time with my friends. Then I'll miss some friends with so much of me that I just don't know how to function. I'll buy a new book, a new dress, or good food and it makes me happy. I look at how much money I just spent and it makes me sad. I read something great in the bible, and I see how God has answered prayer. I turn to Him and cry and pray for the 1000th time for something on my heart and wonder why He won't just take the desire away. I build people up, and then tear people down. It's like a freaking pinball machine.

Life is like a pinball machine, you never know where you're gonna get hit or if you're going to get rewards or if you're going to lose.

Anyways.

What gets me through the days sometimes is focusing on the things that make me happy, and the things I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment